Pictory

I love this site.





According to the 'About' Page it's a "showcase for people around the world to document their lives and cultures. Anyone can submit one large, captioned image to each of Pictory’s editorial themes."

I just submitted this picture in the "My Most Meaningful Image" catagory. It pales compared to the other submissions but it means something to me and that's all that's required.

Here's the blurb I wrote for it:

I was somewhere in Nevada and two weeks into the journey that I'd wanted to do since I was a kid.
I started out in Washington DC and turned around in Seattle. The Bonneville Salt Flats were not too far up ahead with the Rockies further on. It was a hot day, 105.8F, with a slight breeze.
After hours of riding with the muffled drone of my bike's boxer engine I pulled over to the side of a desert highway to enjoy the silence.
I got off my bike, grabbed my camera, and stood in the middle of the road.
I knew as soon as I shot it that after 5000 miles of American scenery, including many of the most beautiful national parks, this shot is the one I'd remember most. This is the one that will get me back on the road again someday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Road

Gear Load-out