BMW R 1200 R


Today I got my dream bike, a BMW R 1200 R. My Honda VTX 1300 R is a great bike. In the year I owned it I got a sense of what I am looking for in a motorcycle. It's great for cruising and it looks really good plus it is solid as a rock as far as reliability goes. The BMW is sportier, safer, more efficient, lighter and it's just more suited to the kind of riding I do.
I bought it off Craigslist from a lawyer in Maryland. He really took care of it and rigged it for touring even though he mainly used it as a commuter. He added a lot of aftermarket accessories to make his commute easier which will benefit me greatly on my cross country trip.

The additions include.
  • hard saddle bags (lockable)
  • trunk bag big enough to hold my helmet.
  • extra lighting up front and in the rear
  • blinking brake lights
  • red LED brake lights around the license plate
  • highway bars which will be invaluable to me after many long miles on the road.
  • heated grips
  • onboard computer
  • power plug for charging accessories
I can't wait to pick it up on Tuesday and start enjoying it.
I added a ton of pics to my "Coast to Coast on a Motorcycle" set on flicker.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Road

Gear Load-out